Sunday, 9 September 2012

I felt a blog was needed.

I have no idea what to write about, but I have the urge to put finger to key.

I've been recently quite absorbed by politics. Especially the American politics, but that's mostly because it's happening just now. Romney Vs Obama. It should be a no brainer, really. One is a republican, conservative to the bone, plans to make money by taking it off of people, and the other is a suave, liberal Grade a politician. I guess I'll start with politics. Well, whenever one talks of politics, it's never actual politics that become the topic. It's the awareness of the public.

Winston Churchill once said "A good argument against democracy is a quick chat with your average voter", and never has a phrase rang so true. When did it ever appeal as a good idea? In theory, it's wonderful. But we now know we shouldn't trust theories, they mean nothing. I mean, they proposed the Theory of Intelligent Design. We should only ever concern ourselves with evidence. Evidence leads us to truth. And the evidence shows me that people cannot be trusted with making decision for themselves. Not only that, but they can't even be trusted to present reliable choices! I dare say that if politicians were constantly monitored for their truthfulness, we'd have far few blunders (why this isn't a mandatory practise, I'll never know. They give them out quite freely on Jeremy Kyle... Strike another one for the public.) or at least, we'd have better informed choices. But instead, we the public are left to decide our own way. And that ends up with nothing but turmoil. For a beginning, no two people think alike. Secondly, people are raised to be stubborn, unchanging creatures, so that once they've had their mind made for them, they'll never once stray. The free thinkers of the world are shunned and feared, disruptive and argumentative they're called. And yet these are the ones most concerned with our futures. These are the ones we should be supporting. We need more free thinkers, and less stigma surrounding intelligence. But it will never come. In the meantime: We'll have plenty of sport programs at school, ready to tire us out, teach us to follow rules and be good soldiers.

I won't focus too heavily on American politics, I'm not America. All that I know of is simply speculative. But know enough about liberal and conservative agendas and their differences. Picture your country, if you will, as a speeding train. Majestic and strong, full of passengers. This piece of your countries find engineering is going places, and going places fast! But due to the negligence of human error, the track is out, and this train is hurtling for the edge of the line. The driver has done his shift, so they had to elect a new driver, who decides the best thing he can do is to swoop out the train, and try to stop it. He's done a job at slowing it down, but his shift is ending, and he's not able to slow it down in time. along comes a new prospective driver, and he has a better plan to stop the train. He wants to drive it on, and see if he can't jump the gap. This analogy explains the differences of "opinions".

I hate the term sheeple. Not because it offends me, or because it's unjustified, there are a lot of people who too closely follow their shepherd. No, I hate it, because it's used so blindly. How ironic such a phrase be used by everyone, as though every person has access to information the next one does not, which is true to say: All people are differently knowledged, but to say they are sheep is a gross misstatement. It's simply arrogance. But as with all the arrogant people, they know not of their own ignorance, and so blindly continue to hold their "truth" so dear.

I'll finish now, I've really run out of things I care to say - that is to say - I've made my point.

I made a joke on a youtube comment, not a great joke, but a joke no less, pretending to be a creationist. You'd be amazed by which the aggression and frustration people have replied to me. Even though, on my very page, it shows me to be Atheist, I make no qualms with keeping all my information free (I mean, who'd want to steal my identity? I don't have my picture here, for a purely cosmetic reason. I don't quite fit the necessary facial requirements for people of "intelligence", I feel. I'm ashamed of my face and my mind. So I'll stick to having a mind, rather than a face. Perhaps one day I'll share. I'd have to get a larger number of followers first. People just don't want to read...

Well, as always, any comments to be made, make them. Share if you think you have people who would care to read this, I enjoy your thoughts, no matter how in-eloquent you form them.

No comments:

Post a Comment